Thursday, September 3, 2009

An update in the interim

Not that I think tons of people read this blog, but it seems some sort of mini update is in order. Besides that, I have nothing else to do. Since the last installment,much to Michelle's delightment, I have weaned myself off of the oxycodone. I don't know if it will make what I write any more or less dis-jointed, but whether that was the case in the first place is debatable. I made the mistake of trying to stop cold turkey and ended up having some nasty withdrawals. Talk about a long night. I've fortunately been able to manage the mostly weakened pain that accompanies my injury. I had to re-wrap the splint five or six times before it finally didn't cause more pain. I even slept in my own bed last night.
Michelle picked up a new wheelchair and knee walker off craigslist earlier last week. I've been using the knee walker quite a bit lately and it's way better than the crutches. I just kneel my right leg on it and push with my other foot. It's kind of like a tall skateboard. I haven't had a chance to use the wheelchair yet, but I'd imagine sometime next week it will get a little use at least. Tonight A friend of mine is picking me up to go watch the BSU vs Oregon football game at his house. It should be nice getting out of the house for a night. I haven't been outside in over a week. I hear it's been pretty hot outside, so I'm not too awful torn up about not being out in it.
See, that whole last bit seemed pretty disjointed. Sorry, I'm not much of a storyteller.
I want to take this chance to thank all of you that have kept Michelle and me in your prayers and thoughts. Also a special thank you to those that have been able to come visit us. It's made this time much more bearable. Until the stitches come out in a week, I think I'll hold off making anymore posts. I don't want you all to think that I have to break an ankle before I update this thing. Till then, adios!

No comments: