Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Epic update.

Well, for those few of you out there that are curious if we've found anything else out about my accident, we do have some more news. We went to the Boise Orthopedic Clinic this morning to see about scheduling surgery on my ankle. We met with Dr. Lawler and he told me that I had three broken bones. He turned us over to Dr. Webb as she is the trauma surgeon. She said I broke my fibula (thinner of the two lower leg bones) clean through. I broke my tibia where it comes down and kind of covers the ankle bones. There was also a small piece of bone that broke off from the bone that comes in contact with the tibia. I had to have a CT scan in order to determine what they will do with the small piece of bone that broke off. So far they say that I'll need two screws in my tibia, a plate on my fibula and possibly a screw on the small piece of bone. It will take two incisions. My appointment is for wednesday (tomorrow) afternoon. I'm nervous of course but I think Michelle is more nervous than I am. When were talking to Dr. Webb she was close to crying. She didn't tell me she was but I can tell sometimes when she gets upset. I'm not sure I'll have much to write tomorrow since I'll probably be out for the rest of the day after they cut me up. Until thursday I guess.... wish me luck.

1 comment:

Stewart and Becky said...

Best of luck to you Joey and Michelle too! We are sorry this happend to you, but hope all goes well. We will keep you in our prayers. Stewart and Becky