Saturday, August 22, 2009

Epic...?

Ah yes, another post about waterskiing. Just what you all want to see. Oh if you only knew. As per the picture below, I was skiing how I normally do, funky form, but pushing a little. Scroll down to the video and you'll get to see some sweet action...well, just watch it.




You'll hopefully notice at the end when I wreck, my back foot ripped part of my binding out of the base. I ended up falling forward, more forward than if the binding hadn't have ripped. To make a long story of pain and suffering short and to spare those who might get queezy, I broke my tibia and fibula just above my ankle. At the hospital they had to put me under to set the bone. On monday, I get to go see an Orthopedic surgeon to see what kind of fastener they will install to keep my bones aligned. The picture below was at the hospital. It's pretty nasty. Hope you enjoy it.


For those of you who want to know all the gory details, feel free to comment on this post. I'll have plenty of time to chat for the next couple days and possibly longer. Oh, no more skiing this season. Dang it!

2 comments:

Darin said...

that did not look pretty. glad you are feeling better though.

About Me said...

WOW, dude you were FLYIN' back and forth!!! I never knew you could go that fast water skiing. That was a nasty wipeout man. Ouch.